Sunday, June 26, 2011

Better Banana Bread, but I like to call it: Heavenly Banana Cake

It took me a long time before I baked my first Banana Bread. Why? It’s easy, it’s delicious, it looks nice, everybody loves’s it. So, why? To be honest I don’t like the name. And the Banana Breads I saw didn’t look so delicious. But, we have a lot of bananas in our garden and we had to do something with them.
I found a nice recipe by DM Snyder at the Fresh Loaf with a lot of good response. I had to try. Lucky me, it’s delicious.

I couldn’t stop and had to bake a few to give to our Thai friends. They love it! Thanks David.


Makes 1 loaf (baking pan of 22 x 10.5 cm)
Preheat the oven to 175˚C

This is what I used:
Wet ingredients:
71 gr (4-5 tablespoons) butter, softened

2 eggs
2 or 3 very ripe bananas (if they are small use more) cut into 2-3 cm chunks
150 gr home made yogurt
126 gr sugar


Dry ingredients:
280 gr all-purpose flour (or 210 all purpose flour and 70 gr whole wheat flour)

3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon  


This is what I did:
I added all wet ingredients in the bowl of the mixer and mixed until all ingredients were well combined.

In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until the ingredients are blended together.

Pour the dough into greased and floured baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  It takes around 50 minutes.
 Remove from the oven. This bread is great warm, but it is excellent cold too.
After cooled for 5 or 10 minutes the loaf can be removed from the pan to cool. Once cool it can be wrapped and frozen. But, why should you want to do that?

 Enjoy it like we all did!

I found this wonderful recipe at the Fresh Loaf 
I will send this to Yeastspotting and to BYOB 

No comments:

Post a Comment